How strong is your child’s concentration skill? As they grow older, this ability can also be strengthened. But as they’re still learning it, you have to exercise much patience so that you will not be frustrated when they seem to have lost what you’ve been telling them a while ago.
Being your partner in providing quality preschool programs in Rego Park, New York, we would like to encourage you that there’s something you can do so that their ability to concentrate well is honed. This skill is not just vital for your dealings at home, but this can also equip them towards better learning progress in school when it’s time for them to go.
Consider these tips in your quest towards nurturing a child that pays full attention.
- When you assign them tasks, divide your instructions into smaller ones. Your child will do their best to please you, well, most of the time. They would readily do something that will earn your approval. However, when these tasks are too heavy for their young minds, they might easily lose track. As a daycare and preschool provider, we suggest on relaying your instructions little by little. This way, you can trust that they will have more chances of staying focused on what you’ve said.
- Remind them to finish their homework or study period at the same time each day. Your child also needs to focus on their learning progress, while at the same time, not compromising their being as a child. You can strike this balance by setting a clear schedule at home when they can do their homework or review their lessons. Beyond that schedule will be their play time. When they’ve developed this habit, they can fully concentrate on their study time.
- Talk to them in a place where there’s a lesser distraction. What frequently grab your child’s attention are toys, television, or mobile phones. When you have something very important for them to truly absorb, say it in a mostly quiet and distraction-free environment.
- Let your child play as much as possible. It’s going to draw much opposition from your little one when you don’t let them play. When they do have enough of it, you can now strike a bargain of sorts that will cause them to focus on their study time or in a chore you’ve assigned them to finish. In our daycare and preschool in Forest Hills, New York, we ensure that the learners have this precious time so they can better absorb their lessons when it’s time for these.
- Allow them to rest. Lack of sleep can be a really great factor for their inability to concentrate. See to it that they follow a routine of early sleep so that they can hit the target amount of sleep ideal for their age.
When you’re looking for trustworthy partners to nurture your child’s learning ability, entrust them to us at Baby Steps Daycare / Preschool. We also answer your inquiries when you contact us.